Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mom has time again!

Now on the mom side of things. I am finally getting this schedule thing down and am finally getting things done. Abby and Daddy spent last Saturday together and turned mom lose on the house! I was able to get all off Abby's nine month old clothes into a bin and all the 12 month stuff into the dresser. This girl has more clothes then she know what to do with! She could go a month without wearing the same thing, I love hand me downs!

Mom also managed to get a hair cut. Nothing fancy, just walked in and had them chop 6" off. I was starting to sit on it, and that is where I draw the line. Now it comes to just above the small of my back.... so basically no one can tell.

I am starting my weight loss plan this week. I want to lose 30-40 lbs by fall. That's only 5 lbs a month and should be fine as long as I stay on the ball. I will keep you up to date. Remind me if I don't. The whole reason I am doing it, is just so I can get back down before getting prego again, kinda funny if you think about it.

Oh! Had a huge wind storm come by last week and rip off some shingles. Hum I guess there was money blowing in the wind. $600+!!! GGRRR!!! But I will be grateful that I have the money for the repairs. There were many, many houses in the subdivision effected, so at least I am not alone.

Sping keeps visiting, and leaving, but in all of this I did also manage to get the backyard almost cleaned up. I have great plans for the yard .....

Which leads to my most current bothersome comtemplation .... the dogs. I have spent over $2,000.00 on them in last year and I just don't know if I have it in me to keep them any longer. I love them don't get me wrong... but I can't do another $1,500.00 vet bill! Fogo had to have surgey on a cist on his elbow twice! Hopefully it will not return. Plus, I feel bad that I don't spend the time I used to with them. Nor, do they get out for walks like they need anymore. Also, a neighbor complained about the howling (Fogo howls at the trains, and they are many) so we have to bring them into the garage at night. It solves the noise problem, but not the long term one. I have three dogs, the city allows two. One call into the city and I have 24 hours to get rid of one of them. Not to mention that I have no back yard to speak of. We can't cook out back, let Abby play out back, nor have a garden. All things I could do if they were not there. I know the best thing may be to let them go, but it just seems so mean. It may mean their death and I don't know if I could do that to them. I think I may call my vet tomorrow and talk with her. I know she knows some rescue people and may be able to help me get them placed. I just can't see the situation for them staying here getting any better any time soon. They were once my "children," but know I have a real family. Not that they are not part of it, just that they are not getting what they need and deserve and if I can help them get that I will. I know I have given Fogo many more years on his life then he would have had... I feel really good about that, and I have really enjoyed them.

1 comment:

Caleb T Ricks said...

Tough decision about the dogs, I know how much you love them. Hopefully you can find someone that wants big dogs and has a lot of land to keep them so they can run free and be happy. Good luck.
I am glad that you took some time for yourself as well. It is important.